World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help req please im away on a few days holiday up loch crinan and my mariner as stopped charging what parts do i need is this i could Do with a few tools i have with me or is it better to take the boat and engine to a dealers was thinking of giving clydebank outboard services a ring at 9 am as its now 1.33am regards Alain

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
What I call excellent service, I dont know anybody else who would offer that sort of service, good for you Clydeoutboardservices!:clap3:
Its a set of oars he is giving him..

·
Registered
14,635 Posts
Its only a bit of fun ... It was a very good offer and long my it continue I met him once and he seems like a friendly genuine guy for a Southerner lol.. Pity they don't do Etecs that are still under warranty might give there opposition in Largs a kick up the ass to drop there prices..

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Its only a bit of fun ... It was a very good offer and long my it continue I met him once and he seems like a friendly genuine guy for a Southerner lol.. Pity they don't do Etecs that are still under warranty might give there opposition in Largs a kick up the ass to drop there prices..
Because of the export & import duties, which are payable when you ship things to a Third World Country:bleh:

·
Registered
9,270 Posts
I personally think its a great offer to lend this guy an engine

see the guy takes his engine there it gets removed about a couple of hours, they then put on the new one providing they are the same, a couple of hours and off he goes and has fun

but if it is not the same it would be a days work changing all the controls etc etc then swapping engines and after he has used it swapping it back again

Hope it was a genuine offer and all for Free !

ETEC

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how do i find out the year of my engine been on the internet nearly all afternoon had a look on the plate and it says 6E9 40ELO L432082 and how do i test the rectifier & voltage regulator as its still not charging after michell outboard services told me the wiring was wrong on the rectifier the number is 8084 and on the regulator the number is 958454585 the wiring is from the stator two green into the rectifier and a red out this goes into a purple into the regulator purple out into a red ? is this right im after a workshop manual ? regards Alain

1 - 18 of 18 Posts