World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Quick report, fished just across from the bullnose (3 fishing it, and one above old jetty). Bait was frozen lug, 1.5 hours upto 11pm high. Hoping for an elusive decent size cod.... However got 12 whiting, 11 went back and one keeper. Spoke to one of the guys, was using lug, squid and crab. Pretty much same as me size wise but had a few codling as well.
Not a bad session as I was kept busy, will try again next weekend.
I am new to fishing as only started in the summer, I have noticed along this stretch down to Otterspool (for me a least) it has always fished alot better at night. A couple during the day and into the teens at night.

Until next week...will let you know how I get on, no pics as it seemed a little pointless with nothing to brag about ! Everyone seems to be getting their fair share of whiting at the mo.

Cheers, Simon.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Great report,Unlucky with the cod.We fished a club match at Mariners last weekend day tide we averaged 20 fish each mainly whiting on fresh black and mackeral.We have another club match (St Helens SAC) there next sat.Good venue in the summer thornies and sole:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts