World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents

The season now at this point with the way things are going its getting very tough the last few sessions were very fustrating with two or 3 small Bass after many many casts and lots of distance covered. So i went out today to my first mark at an hour before high water for a Bass. i started with my usual soft lures and top water lures and within a few minutes i knew this was gonna be another on of those sessions where i was going to end with a couple of very small Bass after some hours of casting and walking, the water clarity was gin clear with very little tide its not ideal even though i have caught plenty of good Bass when its like this last season and this one.

So high tide passed and i was still without a Bass belting out the surface lures and softs with nothing for it. so to hell with it im outta here and left. thats the first time i have felt the need to abandon the plan and go somewhere else so off i went to the beach a place i have had a good Bass at in the past with the odd small Bass trown in every now and then, there was some waves breaking out on a sand bar with some nice fizz and surf so i blasted the p140mm out as far as it will go and after the first cast i was in and i played a small bass of about 38cm.

DSC_0609 (2).JPG

I stayed and fished it for 20 minutes and without another one i decided to try a shallow water rock mark and i was there shortly. its a place i have had my eye on all year but im happy enough to fish my old marks until recently so why not try it out today. the water was very fizzy and gin clear with water rushing out of the gullys and rock pools now halfway trough the ebb. i have no idea what to do in these sort of marks so i just tried the p125 and i spotted something slash at it just as it was over a reef great there is something out there i will stay at it. after a few more casts a take and it was off and it was hit 3 more times until it was stuck and in came the first Bass at a rock mark a 45cm i was delighted.

DSC_0611.JPG

I casted it way out again and as it got very close it got hit and it came off instantly so i mooved a little bit away for it to forget and sure enough after 30 minutes elsewhere i got hit back where the last one came off and i was into a running Bass a short but strong fight as i tightened up and handled her in a 55cm Bass.

DSC_0613.JPG

Some of my shallow diving plugs should be very good for this ground i didn't have any of them on me but i will bring a few tomorrow evening to see if i can tempt a few more Bass.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one Zarok , still catching mate thats the main thing! Tidy little session
Exactaly Richard im sure there will be some proper big lunkers sniffing around there at some point.

Jeesus, Oi had to read da rest of dat in me best comedy oirish accent after getting to da bit Oi just quoted.

It is not racist when I say it ....my mother is a biddy.:p
Hope you had fun tone2012 thats a dublin accent right? i'm actually from the south of Ireland.

Well done mate a great report and great fishing ,nice pics
Cheers John :thumbsup:

Nice report. Congrats.
It was great to find a new place to fish Charlton Smoothhound now my sessions will be more like marathons.

Nice report-perseverance paid off.
I'm really glad it did i haven't blanked since june i can't let that happen lol.

·
Banned
1,485 Posts
Bloody Dublin?........Get lost......she is from just south of the border in bandit county.

I lived in Kenmare for a while and IIRC you are from Cork so I have a very good idea of your accent, I was surprised by quite how much difference there was between Kerry and Cork accents.

The little comedy voice in my head was a bit of a tour of the whole 26 counties though.

The way this place is going I am keeping one eye on property prices out there for future reference.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Bloody Dublin?........Get lost......she is from just south of the border in bandit county.

I lived in Kenmare for a while and IIRC you are from Cork so I have a very good idea of your accent, I was surprised by quite how much difference there was between Kerry and Cork accents.

The little comedy voice in my head was a bit of a tour of the whole 26 counties though.

The way this place is going I am keeping one eye on property prices out there for future reference.
good fishing again mate.
Great stuff Zarok. You've had a good season without a doubt! :thumbsup:
Cheers guys i was out earlier on the marathon i caught nothing on the rock mark but had one very small Bass on the way back at my good old fatefull marks thats a big sigh for me to stop now and wait for the next big weather system to move in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts