World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have been fishing on and off for many years, mostly along chesil. I have now moved to north dorset and would like to find suitable marks around Poole/Swanage areas, as they are closer to home.

Also does anyone know of a site with genuine tackle reviews.

Thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
hello jon,
as far as i know a good place to fish is off the wall near the ferry to swanage. people go there for bass as far as i know. poole harbour is good for flounder in the winter? i saw someone fishing on shell beach once but all he expected was doggies. bassbites would be the best man to ask but i think he is away. i don't know about the rest of studland beach but i know it is very shallow.
and the web site is what we all make it :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you can make it to poole then southbourne beach and hengisbury head are just along a little past bournemouth. you've also got Branksome, but i don't know how it's fishing at the moment. Heard of a few smuts out of there.

I can't make my mind up where to go this saturday night, think i'll end up at southbourne down near Bistro on the beach with some sandeels and squid looking for some SE rays. Had some good ones out of there a few months back and there should hopefully be more about now.

Hopw this is of use.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts