World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
morning all..got a free day friday fanced trip to watchet,n/devon. was wondering if any body no's a mark there were could fish tide high at 3.09pm so could get there few hours before should have some worm/mac/frozen sandy/squid..and any thing else can find LOL .still a novice so any advise would be most helpful rig/ground/any help many thanks still hopeing to catch that first one fingers xxx'ed:g:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
a small tide today, I would try alongside.the wall at the harbour end of Gasworks Beach,Minehead, you will be able to fish at any state of the tide.... doggies to be caught also conger and thornbacks possible.
another possibility, Porlock.
have recently added Porlock to my site and updated Minehead, have a look there for more info

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks great info on your site will be reading alot more.will try harbour wall as fishes any time..and still learning.would you no were the local bait shop and would i need to phone for the bait or just callin.many thanks paul

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
There is a tackle kiosk on the Harbour at Minehead, Steve at westcoast Tackle, he makes a good mug of tea and knows his stuff on angling.
West Coast Angling Centre 53 Swain Street, Watchet TA23 0AG tel: 01984 641205 West Coast Tackle The Quay, Minehead TA24 5UL tel: 01643 705745
To the left as you stand chatting to Steve and drinking your tea, is a gate with access to the beach, down over the steep bank. fish alongside the retaining wall.
Steve will be able to tell you where is fishing best and what's been caught.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Good luck, hope you get yourself a conger ! size 3/0 and a big strip of mackerel should get you at least a doggie.
There are still some little whiting about if you fish smaller hooks/baits.
I'm off to Pembrokeshire for the weekend now to renew my aquaintance with marks over there, tough I know but someone has to do it.
Let us know if you catch.
cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.