World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick video from last weekends marlin, my daughters first.

JonD

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanna see a longer one next time Jon - awesome stuff - what do you reckon it weighed??
Having not kept one before (always release them) I guess 90-100kg.

We hope to get in the water with them tomorrow but some big great whites have been in the area so will have to see how it goes.

I will put a longer video together but it's really just more of the same thing, getting it to the boat then loosing 200m of line then back again over and over.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was this your new boat Jon?

No mine is a little rib, this is a mates boat who loves chasing big fish. He plans on taking it to Tasmania targeting big bluefin tuna and broad bills if you are interested he would be keen for another hand onboard. Those fish are just to big for me, I don't mind fish to 100kg but three times that gets ridiculous.

I personaly think I could handle Marlin in my rib better than his boat just because of its manoeuvrability and the fact a fish could tow my boat.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
No mine is a little rib, this is a mates boat who loves chasing big fish. He plans on taking it to Tasmania targeting big bluefin tuna and broad bills if you are interested he would be keen for another hand onboard. Those fish are just to big for me, I don't mind fish to 100kg but three times that gets ridiculous.

I personaly think I could handle Marlin in my rib better than his boat just because of its manoeuvrability and the fact a fish could tow my boat.
:) You're probably right. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts