World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thinking of trying Marloes Sands on the West coast, has anyone tried this venue. Is it easy getting there? and what is the best bait/tactics?
Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi taff,

take a side road south east from marloes village to a car park 1 mile down. walk 1/4 of a mile south to the beach bad time in the day as it is usually full with holidaymakers. the main beach can be fished only from the evening then.bass are caught on rag and crab from low water up, from a mark near or on gateholm island on the right hand side of the beach. its a first rate bass mark. around the corner is albion sands small schoolies can be taken for return.
hope this helps clive.

ps try wooltack point as well if you want info on this let me know.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i can highly recommend wooltack point, had a session down there lastr month and it was nearly 1 fish per cast, sometimes more than 1 fish at a time. the walk is a mare though so travel very very light as u need to be half mountain goat to get there. also near impossible to fish a few hours after high water due to extreme rip/whirlpools there so fish it low water up...very deep water

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi, taff

park 2 miles west of marloes ( car park) at martin's haven and walk up over the bank,past the coastguard station,across the sloping heathland to wooltack point,you will have tusker rock on your left. its a usefull rock mark for pollock, mackerel,wrasse and conger on the flood tide about 2 hrs after low water.
hope this helps...clive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
It certainly does help. What type of rig set up would you recommend for me whilst I'm down there?
I'll give it a go when I'm back in Wales on leave in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
hi again taff,
i use a pully rig because of the deep water there, they usually hook themselfs using this set up and use hockey shrimp lures for the pollock and mackey
take a few wire traces for the conger.

cheers... clive

·
Registered
437 Posts
Any time taff thats what this site is all about i hope you get your leave mate all though you are a sea dog my boy's army weekend leave has been cancled and he is on 24 hr main gate gard over the weekend due to the probs that have come about he is pig sick at the moment.
clive.. tight lines

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know exactly how he feels and I bet he's got his opinion as well as I have how to deal with these people.
Tell him chin up, and to think of the **** up when the security's been relaxed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
his and my comments would be expleated from this post m8 beside the fact he owes me 100 squid ...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts