World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks my first post in over 10 years just returning back to angling after engaging in other sports and have to say the tackle front has made a great shift, I just love being back out along the shore chilling out without a care in the world.

Being from Kilkeel the shore line from Greencastle to Newcastle is my local which is very underestimated for those willing to the effort in, hopefully I get the opportunity to show it off a bit.

Good tide last night to try for a few codling from Newcastle, this can be dangerous if you don’t know it so make sure you do a few reccy’s during the day before exploring during the hours of darkness.

The fishing was slow enough last night big baits were in order 3 or 4 black lug and unfortunately crab pots were peppered across the shore line which restricted casting but I still managed to pull a few.

Bites were coming after about 25 min, but fishing two rods and preparing baited rigs the time went by quickly fishing from 11pm - 2am high tide I managed 5 codling to a decent size and 1 pouting.

Successful evening with a couple of really decent shore caught codling.

Nice to be back at it, looking forward to exploring the waters again...

Robbie.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Dang MP,
COD this time of year, just goes to show ye:cool2: I stop fishing for Cod about March up the North coasts, I know the boats get them in Redbay during summer, but those Codling of yours, hell a couple look like takers.

That some return after a 10 year break:)

Fed...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts