World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, no there isn't.

But its great to see the amount of views threads are getting like 200/300 with 2 or 3 replies.
Once again, too many snipers looking for easy marks with no input.

Its a pity forums always end up this way.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Agree Mick.. been on a few forums where it ends up only being used for people wanting something for nowt! I think in any forum there tends to be the regular posters who contribute, then you have the people who just want to sit back and learn, happy not to comment, but you will always have those that only want info for an easy life. I'd contribute more but finding the time can be difficult as I'm running a business and one day just blurs into another. One of this forums main contributors is sadly no longer with us, but hopefully we can maybe all find that extra few minutes every now and again to post something or simply reply to a thread to help keep this place alive and interesting!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Neat trick there, lol, Using the word Cod. How many have veiewd the thread.

I don't belong to any other forums, but sadly it true what your saying, and bit fustrating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree i have just recently moved to Sea fishing and just joined the forum . NO i do not want any freebies, or to know where the best marks are etc, but i am also on other forums and you see threads just starting fishing any idea on what tackle needed. Forum Members send some older tackle to the member for free and then you never see that poster again.

I admit i am on the forum to learn and will only contribute when i am experienced enough to share anything or have previous experience

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
But it happens when you find a good spot. And help someone out then they put up mark on forum . Next time u go there you can’t Fish due it being crowded . I will now never tell anyone where I Fish . Unless I know that they are genuine

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would love to be able to put more reports on here but I’m still working my way back from a bad shoulder injury which has kept me out of action for nearly a year. I do still read the reports and congratulate people on their efforts, it’s more of me just being interested than expecting information for free. What I’m saying is that just because some people don’t put reports or comments on doesn’t mean they’re free loaders, there could be genuine reasons for not doing so. With newcomers there’s also an element of embarrassment or lack of confidence to put posts up if they’ve blanked or just had small fish. Perhaps the catch reports sections could be locked until members have posted a certain amount of times?

·
Registered
88 Posts
i dont bother with most forums now for this exact reason, loads of views but next to no replies, NESA being the main one, if anyone wants to join a good forum based in the north east take a look at sea angling reports

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think people rely on catch reports too much. The amount of times that the fishing has switched on/off within the turn of the tide, let alone on a daily or weekly basis.
I understand nobody wants to waste bait or time, but fishing to me and I'd imagine many others, is more than the catching.
Whenever I go, I always take photos of either fish, scenery or anything interesting. I appreciate it when others do as well, even if it is only a small whiting. Keeps those of us who don't go often, a reminder of what fish and the sea looks like :BigGrin:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts