World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guy's might get some abuse here but who care's reading sea angler magazine and there is an article on a well known match angler.And in the article he said match angler's are very approachable what a load of CRAP.I had match fished from junior up untill a couple of year's ago and then packed it in because i find them two faced bitchin back stabbing w****** who would not give u any help this include's international's aswell.I had quite a good match career and while fishing matche's i gave people rig's,bait and advice even filling there reel's up correctly and putting a leader on and this gave more satisfaction than anything.I love to help people match fishing is cloack and dagger with click's so i have no time for these people rant over can not wait for reply's:spiteful::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Yes i think thats true of most match men ive spoken to and if honest myself included,like you ive give it up, go where i want fish, start when i want, finish when i want, happy again 2rods out 1as far as i can get it the other in close keep dropping distance on 1st rod till i find fish,or try to increase it oh its nice to be free

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Same as in life really ,some people are friendly and approachable others arent,i have always found george to be one of the good guys.

G

·
im a club angler , does that count as being a chit ? i like the comps as a pout or whiting can suddenly become a very welcome catch making the most of ur fishing , dam right im not gonna give away things that i have discovered about a venue or a special rig so my opponents can beat me . however , if i see some poor sod struggling for want of a little knowledge i am there every time especially if hes a freelancer . i understand the op s comments and to a big degree hes dead right about SOME of the better match angler but try to understand why and how hard they have strived to get that good , its human nature . i freelance too so see both sides of the fence . The anglers i mix with are fiercely competitive as soon as that rods in their hand . I think the match men that are aloof are not as good as they think they are , the big names are surprisingly helpful i have found

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Yes i think thats true of most match men ive spoken to and if honest myself included,like you ive give it up, go where i want fish, start when i want, finish when i want, happy again 2rods out 1as far as i can get it the other in close keep dropping distance on 1st rod till i find fish,or try to increase it oh its nice to be free
i could not have said this better myself ,,i run a small club ! or did! or maybe still do ? but the guys in this club (when they bother to turn up ) will help each other out regardless ,,there is money involved yes ,but not much ,",never gonna cost a lot and your never gonna win alot" was my motto ,basically we fish or fished a bit like mates with a bit of competiveness to boot ,,and basically just enjoyed the crack of it ,, basically we never took it serious ...also used to enjoy the open matches around and about ,yarmouth ,aldborough,the shingle etc ,,but never again :bye1:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not saying every match angler is a **** just some of the top name's that say we will help are full of shoite.Up here they are all cod snob's and wont tell you owt even though the fish has been caught they will tell u nothing.I once witnessed a junior approach a top senior and asked him where did you catch your fish to the reply of the north sea what a t****r.I think there are lesser known match angler's who are probably better angler's and better people.gingerhorror if you lived up here i could put you on some cracking snake white bed's that's that anyway all the best

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've met and fished with some of the top match lads and found most of them to be very helpfully and approachable. Are they clicky... Yes as in every walk of life. Is the odd one up his own [email protected] again yes as is life. Are they going to give away there hard gained knowledge to every Tom dick and Harry?.. No , why should they. That knowledge is up to the individual to find
I think most if not all of them would help out if they saw someone struggling on the beach

·
Registered
59 Posts
Couldn't agree more,I have fished the south coast circuit for years and they are all complete and utter barstewards!especially the fat ones with big thick glasses,the not so fat ones that make fishing tackle,turkey pluckers that live in the wild woods and anyone who lives,has lived or passed through worthing!!

........................and before you all get up in arms.................................I am 'avin a larf, takin the p*ss..........But don't blame me Hiflex started it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,712 Posts
Isn't the clue in the title? It's a match, it's gonna get a bit competetive, all part of what makes success so sweet (I imagine). Don't see the problem in people keeping their fav rig, white supplier etc secret, all part of the game. Perhaps you should have been a guide or a coach if that's the side of it you prefer, much more rewardable in my opinion.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even when they are not match fishing there still t****rs the thing is i would tell you all the mark's i fish where i dig my bait.My point is for the next generation i would take any one under my wing and teach them everything i know it need's to be passed on to much macho bull s*** yes i did start this and would finish it aswell if i upset any body i could not give a sh** enjoy your fishing and stay safe :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
been a match angler as well as a general angler since i was learning nearly 50 years ago have met and fished along side many most are ok but dont expect secret bait beds or favours in matches but beat them in a match from the next peg and they are your best mate :bye2: funny that

its not just match anglers that as you put it are unapproachable :mellow: any group of anglers be it specimen hunter ,match ,plug/fly or carp ,tench they have all put in many many years of dedication plus endless time and of course money they are not going to devulge there secrets to anyone :bye1::hug:

G

·
I've met and fished with some of the top match lads and found most of them to be very helpfully and approachable. Are they clicky... Yes as in every walk of life. Is the odd one up his own [email protected] again yes as is life. Are they going to give away there hard gained knowledge to every Tom dick and Harry?.. No , why should they. That knowledge is up to the individual to find
I think most if not all of them would help out if they saw someone struggling on the beach
i like this post :clap3:

G

·
hiflex i can understand u telling ur mates about hot white beds etc , but what if others found out and they tell their mates etc etc , ur prime white bed would b wiped out in days ??? u may think differently when a gang of strangers suddenly show up perhaps even pros , and it would b down to ur own actions , do what u want though , im not fussed

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Me i'm sorry but i could not care less these people have stabbed me in the back and give me so much grief and all i have done is helped them out.Some people as they have improved there skill's have got so big headed and just think there above everyone it stink's like i said horses for courses's no one own's a bait bed they might think that but isn't every one entiteld to bait i think white's are over rated but that's just my opinion

·
AKA Hammy the Hamster
1,508 Posts
But isn't that how we all learn this great sport. Went out today for a few hrs and blanked, BUT thanks to some advice I found on another site I now know how to make frozen Lugworm better presented as a hookbait.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
money !! its all to do with the money ..too much of it ,,of course most of big match anglers arnt gonna give all their secrets away,,theyre only in it for the money ,,can you really blame them for keeping secrets ?? still no need for ignorance tho ,, if someones struggling with something ,,help em out ,,i would if i could ,,simples really ,,,please note not all are like this ,,but can generally get tarred with same brush ,,,bit like anything really ..1 or 2 rotten apples spoils the barrel

1 - 20 of 52 Posts