World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all been getting into match fishing and i was just wondering whats the best thing to keep fish in
Im using just a normal bandq bucket at the mo but i think it would be seriously undersized if i had a good haul
What do you all recommend??

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hi all been getting into match fishing and i was just wondering whats the best thing to keep fish in
Im using just a normal bandq bucket at the mo but i think it would be seriously undersized if i had a good haul
What do you all recommend??
Two bandq buckets :bleh: what part of Kent are you ?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Get a keep net

·
Registered
615 Posts
Why don't you just fish catch/ measure/ release matches instead of joining the mob who pointlessly kill unwanted fish
Who says they're unwanted fish??

To the O/P, i've seen quite a few people using the Sensas bucket. The advantage being a wide based relatively shallow bucket that also has a tray on top. I favour the home brew style bucket as already mentioned…if you're fishing light you can stick the lid on and use it as a seat ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers peeps homebrew bucket it ism

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
what ever bucket you get try to get a bowl with a lid if possible that fits in the top to keep your prepared baits in ,it keeps everything tidy and away from any blo%dy dogs that might want to eat you lovingly prepared baits :blink:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone amd cheers steve

G

·
If you go for the homebrew type, ask in a pie and mash shop for a bowl that the jellied eels come in. These fit inside nicely and are like a small washing up bowl with a lid.
If you go for the square shaped plasterers ? buckets from b&q, a large cat litter tray sits in them perfectly.

Now this is very basic but has to be said as there may be first timers out there. Do not embarrass yourself by asking for gravy in the pie shop, you wouldn't want to be thought of as a northerner.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts