World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm keen to hear what brand and size you guys who fish a general species beach are using.
We don't have rays up here so mostly round fish and flatties.
Im not happy with the point length or barb size on many of the hooks I currently have and it seems an expensive option when I'm having to buy blind over the net.

Reactions: Colin Chaplin

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm keen to hear what brand and size you guys who fish a general species beach are using.
We don't have rays up here so mostly round fish and flatties.
Im not happy with the point length or barb size on many of the hooks I currently have and it seems an expensive option when I'm having to buy blind over the net.
I quite like the kamasan b940 s in the smaller sizes also the salt water champs that veals sell

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Hi piker, size 4 to size 1 would be mine for scratching and bait size, you can get boxes of 100 hooks, which work out a lot cheaper especially Kamasan B940, bigger baits and fish size 2/o maximum.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the b940 is getting the nod

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
Hi JJ, Think it's to make some money?. Always brought boxes of 100s in the B940, and i have always offset my hooks, but i did have one box of hooks, that were just too brittle, as i off set them, they snapped off every time, so always worth a tweak and offset them, could save you a fish of a life time.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Hi JJ, Think it's to make some money?. Always brought boxes of 100s in the B940, and i have always offset my hooks, but i did have one box of hooks, that were just too brittle, as i off set them, they snapped off every time, so always worth a tweak and offset them, could save you a fish of a life time.
Yes they make more money by selling packets , I offset my hooks as well , I do use the saltwater champions some times and find they stay sharp.

·
Registered
10,726 Posts
I've used Varivas saltwater champions in most sizes for all my match fishing for years. Excellent shape, very strong and there isn't a sharper hook. Medium wire with a fine barb. Size 2 for scratching and perfect for flats. 3/0 for cod, rays and huss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts