zoned
100% payout
£60 a team

contact

Acko 07880932281

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
Any further info or results to post John ?...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John Atkinson's trios were held - and it was a successful match once again, writes Tony Burman.

It is the second year running that John has organised the match.

The date was changed to a Saturday, as it was thought that more anglers would attend - but this did not turn out as well as expected.

The venue was also changed - to Killingholme.

The weather was not kind and there was a strong wind blowing. It also rained heavily throughout the match.

Then the fish decided to be awkward and give fantastic bites, but there was nothing on the end.

Also, the crabs joined in the fun of frustrating anglers. They were pinching the bait in seconds, especially if you put fish baits on the hook.

there were some very good teams taking part.

In the end, it was local trio of Brian Tuck , Dave Over and Jim Blake who did exceptionally well, but only amassed five points

Jim and Brian both won their sections with Dave coming a creditable third.

They were well in front of one of the fancied teams on the day, George's Tackle Box Superstars.

This included George Smith, Bill Sheppard and the ever-reliable Garry Hutson.

The total amount of points was nine, with Garry getting two for second in his section.

Third was top Gainsborough match angler Simon Drayton.

His team, which included Harry Harrison and Richard Leek, finished on 11 points.

For the second year running, John Atkinson's team comprised of the man himself, Jeff Volley and yours truly.

I am afraid that it was me who badly let the team down, as I was well down the field in my zone.

I was getting the bites and some fish, but was plagued by smaller fish at one stage. Too much boat fishing I am afraid.

Top angler on the day was Brian Tuck who had the longest overall length

The Geordie team of Alec Harvey,Bob Gascoigne and Gary Foster came over and finished 5th overall

The only saving grace was that I had the biggest fish, along with Jim Blake, we both got a flounder of 34cm.

acko

·
Global Moderator
5,201 Posts
:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts