World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any useful match angling tips??? for the shore angler???

kelvin

i recommend off setting the hooks, and use small hooks with small bait.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Have at least two or three rigs made up and baited, use glow grubs, have a good selection of baits, don.t leave baits out for more than 15 mins they become washed out. fish various distances till you find the fish, make sure your hooks are very sharp, don't worry about the blokes next to you just get on and do your thing.

·
Registered
767 Posts
If your not catching dont be afraid to try something different, be it bait or rig. Ensure you have enough rigs made up and more inportant plenty of bait, nothing worse than running out of bait especially if your catching. Good point Gus - always have a rig baited up, valuable time and fish could be potentially lost if you need to bait up every time you reel in.

happy fishing

·
Registered
188 Posts
Don't forget Kelvin the comp youre in tonight is 1 rod only, therefore the tips the boys are giving you is to maximise the time youre in the water with youre bait ,ie rigs baited and ready to go, good kuck

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dont forget a spare rod and reel in case of a snap or snag nothing worse than paying to enter and having a birds nest or worse a snapped rod . it can happen so be prepared.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
be organised .its cost me more than a few times.plenty of rigs ready .bait sorted and everything easily found.
i would agree about not worrying about the blokes next to you but still keep an eye on whatrs going on.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just got back i had no joy only a few small one which i threw back, i couldnt be arsed to kill them just for a few quid, also there was a really bad wind cutting across the beach so i could get the cast out as far as i would like, but all in all hard work lol.

kelvin

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi kelvin
well at least you caught would you have won anything if you had weighed in? most of the work for comp fishing is in the preparation spend 3/4 hrs preparing before you go ie. rigs, cutting bait, checking rods and reels etc and the comp will be easier and if possible try to book in a couple of day's before hand it saves a last minute rush and gives you more time to get ready, remember the Ps Perfect Planning Prevents Pi-- Poor Performance Keep at it mate you'll get in the Prizes

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well done Kelvin it was a brisk wind ,I popped down late last night not sure where you were though another time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts