World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:clap2:cracking day out and a cracking report pete,unlucky on the swells,that place really should be spelt heaven when the weathers right.
any pics for pukers corner lol:yucky::yucky:

M

·
0 Posts
Hi all,sorry for late report been at work all day!
Yesterday Brand,jetstream,ron Webb,King of leon,Daz,Dean,coxsy and me sailed from The mackeral jetty at milford at 7.30am on the "Dev-ocean".We headed out past the heads intending to do some deep water wrecking 30 miles out but were confronted with 20 feet+ of swells!The skipper gave us the options of returning to port and abandoning ship or going in the haven for some uptiding towards Hobbs point.We selected the later option.On the way back in we stopped over the submarine wreck to feather up some bait but only managed 3 x mackie and a herring!Certainly not enough for 8 anglers uptiding so we headed back to port and sent Brandon off to Milford angling to get some mackie and squid.Five minutes later we realised we had no grip leads between us,not even that mobile fishing shop that was with us "Daz-fish-o-mania"!so we phoned brand and asked him to get some!Fifteen mins later he was back with 16 pkts of mackie,2 boxes of squid and 16 leads.We then went out to a inshore mark and started to fish.Most of us had thornbacks,myseld one of 8lbish and some whiting.Dean i think had the fish of the day a 9.5lb starry smoothound.Well done matey!
We were then confronted with a heavy rain shower for 1/2hr but this seemed to clear the wind so at midday the skipper suggested we try again outside the haven.

On the way we drifted a few wrecks near the havens inner mouth with nothing happening so we went offshore.There we drifted some wrecks and pinnackle reefs with hokkais,shads,and jelly worms.Plenty of mackie came abord and some nice pollack.Daz managed a nice 4lb cod on a shad.
By this time for the last two hrs of the trip i was feeling very rough and supplied groundbait for the boys!Did i get any simpathy,did i f***.lol

At 5pm we headed back to port after a good day out.When we docked,Ronnie of record shark fame,saw his car was not there.He thought it had been stollen until he remembered he had parked it elsewhere!As he is over 70 we forgive him for the scare!lol.

The skipper of this boat "DEV-OCEAN" is called Allan Tawton and is a really nice guy and a great skipper.He is a mate of White waters Andrew Allsop and will also be doing shark trips this summer.He is from cardiff and will be in Penarth for the winter.we will deffinatly be using him again.
We can recommend this boat a 33' Evolution and if anyone wants to use him call him on 07989-748701.

Thanks to Brand for organising this trip,to Daz for bringing a tackle shop with him(but no uptide gear),to the skipper for putting us on the fish and to all for the banter,company and a great day out.

Photos to follow when i find the camera lead!

Tightlines...........
nice report pete c u tomorrow mate:clap3::clap3:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
had a cracking day out, excellent company and good banter! big thanks to alan the skipper for making a day of it despite the weather!!!!:clap3::clap3:
them swells were a bit to much for myself and a few others, including mr perry( old sea legs himself) . i managed a ray of about 5lbs and a herring for my species list along with plenty of mackeral. heres a few pics of the better fish caught. oh and two tides the spawny git who caught a ray of around 10lbs and the best fish of the day a 10lb smoothie........jammy *******!!!!!! oh and a big thanks to ron who helped make it a memorable day, top bloke!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great days fishing, feeling better now it was a bit rough yesterday :boat: :yucky:.
I caught a 5lb cod, 2lb 8oz pollack, whiting, doggie, and it was nice to catch the most mackerel!:yeah:
see you tomorrow for Brands All Niter

·
Registered
34 Posts
nice to meet you all had a good days fishing with a good bunch of boys.kol are you better now your on dry land ps weres my 5 pound.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i just came back in... been over towards the islands, plenty of mackie, a 3lb bass, and loads of pollack to 8lb on live loeys!!! i went out a 5!!! lol

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yyya, gud fun!!! gota b honest.. it was rough as fu*k!!! lol cant wait til sunday... got lots of fresh mackrell to tempt them conga out!!! i lost a rod tonight aswell!!!! im mad.... a nice penn rod and a penn international reel!!!! come out one of the holders in the back!!! 300 quids worth of gear sank!!! lol

M

·
0 Posts
yyya, gud fun!!! gota b honest.. it was rough as fu*k!!! lol cant wait til sunday... got lots of fresh mackrell to tempt them conga out!!! i lost a rod tonight aswell!!!! im mad.... a nice penn rod and a penn international reel!!!! come out one of the holders in the back!!! 300 quids worth of gear sank!!! lol
GUTTED:unsure:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
yup... no need to bring the frozen!!! lol

·
Registered
875 Posts
Wow !!

Ronnie Webb and Brand on the same boat - the rest of you never had a chance - they could have gone to the fish counter in Tescos and still caught a record.

Pel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
How common are smooth hounds in the haven, I've never caught one there myself! Gonna give it a go soon though :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts