World Sea Fishing Forums banner

May meet at Cows Gap...

665 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Pugs 
#1 ·
Anyone up for a meet around cows gap in may?? after some wrasse, pollock, bass and conger.

they are all very high on my hit list this year. may be on the 19th of may.... as thats my 16th birthday :D lol

so anyone up for Jamie's birthday bash at cows gap?!?! lol

Jamie

#6 ·
beachy head. thats the place people always jump off!! lol

Conger, Jamie. Remember, the best bait is very fresh sea trout....

If you set it all up on the day, I'll stroll along. Got to get more than three flounders on that ground!

Just one point, the head is treacharous, with lots of opportunities for getting cut off. Any Eastbourne lads gonna pitch in fo the sake of our own safety?

#7 ·
Anyone up for a meet around cows gap in may?? after some wrasse, pollock, bass and conger.

they are all very high on my hit list this year. may be on the 19th of may.... as thats my 16th birthday :D lol

so anyone up for Jamie's birthday bash at cows gap?!?! lol

Jamie
Is spending time in a cows gap a traditional villager's way of celebrating a 16th birthday Jamie?

#9 ·
Will be going there myself when the water is clearer, don't know exactly when yet.

Seen people fly fish there for Bass with some success, will be plugging for them myself though. Also will be targeting Wrasse there, or very near that location.

Might see you there.

#13 ·
This may be of interest to those of you considering it
: http://www.discoveringfossils.co.uk/Eastbourne.htm it gives some pics and some advise of collecting fossils if teh fishing is bad. Heed the warnings though as this area can be a little dangerous to the hard of thinking !
thats an interesting site, might get the kids down there doing that, they love fossils and we have a nice little collection, including one which looks like two bone joints of a toe or something ! have to admit more than a passing interest myself !

#14 ·
Hi guys just a few logistic pointers for Cow Gap.

You need to park at the small cafe where the road takes a couple of hairpins. There is room for about 10 cars but it can get crowded with all the hikers going along to the head. Otherwise you will have to try to find a space in one of the nearby residential roads.

Its about 15-20 minutes walk down the the stairs at the gap, another 10 minutes to the ledge at the head. Travel light as it is a slog coming back.
it will take 20 anglers spread about. Too early for conger
Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.