World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waking up yesterday morning to my surprise my boys asked if we could go fish. Of course I said yes and set about finding wellie boots to go get some bait. With bucket and fork in hand a short walk to grain front to dig a few lug for the afternoon fishing. After a short while digging had around eight nice lug in the bucket so headed back in to see if my boys had any luck finding some crabs. They managed a few hard backs and one soft crab.
Headed to grain front around 15:15 set up with two hook flapper size one hooks on all three rods as my boys wanted a wager on most fish caught bites came thick and fast for all the flood tide and went dead from high water on. But my boys really enjoyed it got away from the xbox and not one bit of moaning all day.
Scores were:
Lenny (aged 10):5 skool bass
Mitchell (aged7):2 skool bass
Me (aged34):4skool bass 1 eel
So I enjoyed taking their pocket money as I told them an eel was worth 2 fish as bass were easier to catch they believed me anyway. A nice father sons day was had by all. Tight lines.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I bet you also tell them that the noise the ice cream van makes means its run out of ice cream.....

Sounds like a great day. Well done to you and the boys

·
Registered
21,327 Posts
Top marks for animal cunning!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Well done on getting out with your boys & getting some small silver bars.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ha Ha, Fancy mugging the boys of their pocket money......................lol, great to hear they got out and enjoyed their day and more to the point they actually caught some fish. Hooked for life no doubt.
Nice report.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts