World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But the weather forecast says that its going to be hosing down, with possible thunder and lightening at some points. Now i dont mind getting wet, however how rough will the sea's be?

Will the weather affect the boat going out, is there any chance the boat will be called off?

Any info appreciated

Cheers

Scott

·
Registered
314 Posts
if you have a fairly strong easterly blowing in the the boats donot tend to sail but when i was a nipper we used to fish happily in a ten to fifteen knot westerly as the wind is coming off of the land and this seems to dampen down the swell a little. if you are worried about getting wet then wear a float suite and decent wellies this will keep you warm and dry.. as my wife keeps telling me you can always take layers off but you can not put them on if you do not have them.

have a look a bbc weather and look up arbroath mate this will give you some clue. the skippers there are good and will take you out if it is wet but they will not go far just in case the weather turns bad.

·
Freeloader
6,660 Posts
gonna be the odd shower ssw wind swinging round to sw roughly 4pm ish the sun will come out wind speed 12mph

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gonna be the odd shower ssw wind swinging round to sw roughly 4pm ish the sun will come out wind speed 12mph
And what does that mean for my fishing chances?

Also is that good boat conditions for the fish biting?

Sorry for being a pest, never boat fished before so this is a first for me!

Looking forward to it though :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
sorry scotty means there will be a little chop on the water and this will aid bait movement thus hopfully more fish biting. let us know how you get on mate and enjoy your first boat fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts