Caught Pout Eels and a 3lb Codling

Was using peeler, rag, squid and lug.

Codling was full of crab and shrimps

And only lost 2 sets of gear

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello mate,
i fished the estate on tuesday , and caught, eels, pout and a 1 1/2 lb whiting.
Seems to be fishing better than the coast. Where on the estate where you. I fished the offices car park at sunderland quay. Bit tight for parking but generally ok. No one said anything.
Didnt lose any gear either.
word of warning : i have found this place to be very popular with " boy racers" at night. Can be a bit intimidating .
good luck, when you go next.
hussr (aka john)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Hussr. Where abouts is Sunderland Quay? Is it along the Sir Thomas Longley Road? Have had a look a couple of spots on the right as you drive into the estate, just past the row of shops, but there were signs up saying no fishing and the drop to the water was pretty big.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at laser quay seems less snaggy there. Opp lloyds is getting ridiculous now seem to snag every cast all along the grassed area to scotline.

Never tried sunderland quay as i thought it was off limits?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi all,
as far as i know its not off limits, provided you tidy up afterwards, and dont go lighting fires , like some prats have done in the past.
I have been night fishing there in the past when mobile security came round, they didnt say anything.Its quite tricky to find but well worth it.
Its down sir thomas longley rd. Turn right into culpepper close, keep going past a small row on industrial units/shops. Then turn sharp left and you will see the water in front of you across the other side of the car park. just make sure if fishing during week day, you dont park in one of the reserved bays. they get the right hump about it !you can fish anywhere across the frontage.
good luck.
john

D

·
0 Posts
i once fished round the back of the scottline timber place and some dope had set the big plastic rubbish bin alight!!:uhuh: ....dave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts