World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had a few hours mulleting down medway city estate,started off in laser quay getting constant bites for a good hour,but couldnt hook any,then a load of yobs turned up ans started banging the railings and throwing stones in etc so i decided to move up a bit and fish. didnt get any bites here then out the blue got a bite and hooked the fish straight away,20 mins later,arm aching,i netted a mullet that went 5lb 1oz. put up a great fight,probably my longest mullet scrap so far, then it went quiet for a good couple of hours so i packed up and thought il drop into laser again just to see if the yobs were still there,they werent,so i got my gear out as ive had quite a few mullet here on the ebb. dropped the bread bag down,then the bait,within 5 mins i had a good bite,this continued for about 10mins ,rebaiting and dropping baits down then i hooked into a fish,much easier to land this time,this one went 6lb 4oz. then i packed up. was a good first mullet sesh of the year will be back down there tommorrow and probably monday and tues as tides are just right.

G

·
hi dan,

well done on them mullet mate.never caught one myself but never really given it a go.i know some places round here that are packed with them.i'd like to try for a mullet sometime if your ever up for a go.need someone to show me what to do etc.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Well done Lucky Strike

Any Mullet over 6 is a good fish. I used to fish for Mullet before getting hooked on Bass, they scrap well and reach good sizes.

As for the yobs, try snap casting a 5 oz lead at them, should do the job!

Well done again on a fine brace

H

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers. to be honest i cant be bothered with the yobs,i just ignore them,and if it gets too annoying then i move. dont lower myself to their levels. was a good day though. makes a change than just casting and sitting there waiting for a bite,theres alot more activity and much more exciting

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
cheers. to be honest i cant be bothered with the yobs,i just ignore them,and if it gets too annoying then i move. dont lower myself to their levels. was a good day though. makes a change than just casting and sitting there waiting for a bite,theres alot more activity and much more exciting
nice report lucky ive had a few over the years and pound for pound i think they are one of the hardest fighting fish that you can get good result m8

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id agree. very hard to tell how big they are when you hook em though,best ive had is 8lb 9oz,last year,landed it easily,but that first one i had today was pushing 25 mins to get into the net,and that was with my mate using the net,unfortunately he didnt catch,but when i was playing the fish i said a few times this will be my pb mullet,was a bit shocked when the digital scales only said 5lb 1oz. id put a pic on here if i knew how todo it

·
Mullet Meister???
6,756 Posts
Nice result. Think i might get down the medway for some as ive beem about 5 times and seen 1 mullet in the thames, and i managed to hook that one. Going in a few hours, got some lug and rag, was going for bass. Might try for mullet aswell, thinking of a new spot.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
well done dan on the mullet how did you manage to get in the wood yard then.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mark anderson ,i think you mite know him,he works there mate ,fished there quite a few times now,loadsa room,no snags,deep water

1 - 18 of 18 Posts