World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the medway is fishing at the mo!! thinking of going down mce tomorrow afternoon, bit fed up of seeing trawlers in the river thou every night this week on the way home i have seen them!! also is there any sign of sole yet!!!!

· WSF Hardcore Haircut
721 Posts
soles have been showing for a couple of weeks now, we had 5 to 1-2-0 on maddies at close range at Lloyds, also still getting codling to 1-8-0 on peeler

G

·
there are quiet a few codling about in the river's round here at the moment.me and a couple of mates had some near queenborough and another mate of mine had a couple out of the swale yesterday.the last time they were in the rivers like that this time of the year the following winter was a very good one,so finger's crossed!.....dave.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
If the trawlers are up and down they will be taken the best of the sole (ba*****ds) there should be a law stoping them comming within a certain distance and up rivers like the bottle neck at Lloyds, the fish have no future.
The Medway can produce some cracking fish, but has declined every year.

Woll :uhuh: :nono:

· Registered
963 Posts
fished medway saturday night . caught 8 eels in 1.5 hours at the bottom of the tide then 3 coddling just as the tide started to run back in . run out of bait 2 hours after the tide started to come in so went home . the dam kids in there cars makes the spot crap once they turn up at midnight .

G

·
If the trawlers are up and down they will be taken the best of the sole (ba*****ds) there should be a law stoping them comming within a certain distance and up rivers like the bottle neck at Lloyds, the fish have no future.
The Medway can produce some cracking fish, but has declined every year.

Woll :uhuh: :nono:
hi woll,

i heard something about there being a ban on trawling the medway,do u know if there is any truth in this or if it's a load of rubbish?.....dave.:g:

· Registered
1,320 Posts
hi woll,

i heard something about there being a ban on trawling the medway,do u know if there is any truth in this or if it's a load of rubbish?.....dave.:g:
Hi Dave, not sure but they were trawling all last year. I came back from a night session at Sandwich and decided to use up some black opposite the Sunn pier next to Scotts timber yard around 7am and a trawler passed 3 times in 2hours.
how many fish are discarded by these guys.

They have been stopped in the Thames from coming past Cliff creek, so they can't net the light house bay any more so that should produce some good bass and sole results over the next few years.
Woll :g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.