World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished a lot (many years ago) with my dad. I have so many brilliant memories from my days and nights and trips away with my dad all over the island north and south and out on the boat. Unfortunately, apart from 2 or 3 boat trips in the last 10 years, I haven't been fishing. I have now had time over the last 10 weeks to clean reels rods and tackle and have 3 kids itching to catch a shark lol I done a lot of shore fishing back in the day up the antrim coast so was planning a wee day that direction this week to hopefully get the kids interested. Thing is I have heard horror stories about how bad shore fishing can be nowadays. I wouldn't wanna sicken the kids on their first trip so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for some pollack fun or mackerel just somewhere to keep the kids interested also need a doggy but from memory that shouldn't be too difficult

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Hiya Ryan,
If Redbay Pier is not stinking of pee, full of rubbish an packed to the gills? then wee hooks just dropped in down the front of the pier will see the kids catch a load of wee smicks.

As for there being a lack of fish? yes days of the casual angler turning up with manky bait wrong tides an just chucking an catching are long gone an I mean 35years long gone.
Me an my Da were the same as you an your Da, twice a week we would of headed up the coast fished into the night or just during the day, but the death toll rung for the Antrim coast when the Salmon pens made there appearence, but saying that if your serious about fishing an can climb fall an curse, and leave the kids at home lol Antrim/North coast is still full of fish.

Doggies as I'm sure you know are about in large clusters after dark to all the beaches.

Winds are picking up an will make any fishing a bit hard for the children.

Photos taking last an this week .

Mark...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Mark, I'll head that way with the nippers then for the introduction/baptism. I'm glad to hear there are still fish around with a bit of effort and im very good at falling and swearing, 2 outta 3 ain't bad. Definitely my urge is getting strong again to get out there. Some great titbit of info on here, glad I signed up

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Try Larne Tackle Ryan, best if you phone first.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Aye Larne Tackle would be handier for ye Ryan,, it's on the way .

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
causeway baits in portbalintrae
Bout ye Frankie,
Wee Jonny got charged 3,80 for a single coast spinner haha he is not amused with Josey....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts