World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 kg bass from the straits tonight, guess that long winter of reading old sea angling books from mona car boot sale has really started to pay off, as well as a lot of patience, not my first bass this year, but my first from home, ah good life.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate, was really stoked, good buzz, only went down to have a quick look and spin for hour round sun set. took the pic when i got home. dint have camera with me coz didnt expect to catch owt.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yehi think it will be a good year too, there has been a lot of bait fish about, seagulls very active diving and stuff, i think the recent rise in sea temps over the past few years has been working in our favour, according to some research bass for example have not been traveling as far as they used to to winter out and spawn due to these higher temps. if ya read some of the old books it seems in that the fish are in some cases coming back a couple of months early if they leave at all. but hey these are just theories of mine. ive worked on commercial boats for killybegs in ireland and have been a surfer for over 15 years so ive been weather watching and forcassting for a long time. the climate change over this period and mainly the sea temp have changed a good bit. what do you think.

ha my freezer agrees anyway, good few silver lads in there now.
take it easy and good fishin to ya.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I don't often fish for them myself but I've seen good Bass caught right through the winter, for the last few years, down on the Lleyn.

Even the Dolphins hang around all year. two winters ago I witnessed a pod of about 30 hunting in the surf at a small beach near Aberdaron and on the same night we had a number of Bass to 3.5lb

That was late December :blink:

This Winter there was a large pod hanging around NE Anglesey all winter, I saw them myself a few times !

Trigger fish that were rare a few years ago, are common summer visitors now and even verified reports of Red Mullet round North Wales.

Global warming in action I reckon ?

:g:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts