World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this model is not made now , what model would be considered the same or at least the closest match.

Thanks Jason

G

·
Hi Jason

The Merry Fisher 705 is effectively the evolution model of the 695.
It is revamped to have a more modern wheelhouse and accomodation superstrcture and inside has an improved layout.
To all intents and purposes it's the same hull and will do exactly the same job... just a little flashier.

Currently powered by a Yanmar 150Hp and also fitted with a considerably larger fuel tank which is a bonus as the 695's tank was on the small side and several owners fitted reserve tanks for major offshore forays.

Consider fitting trim tabs (hydraulic or electric). The semi displacement hull shape makes for phenomenal sea keeping and the boat is superb in a following sea, but loaded as us anglers load our boats, in a head sea she can give a hard (not slamming, just hard) ride. The trim tabs can be used to drop the bow and present the Vee to the waves rather than the fat slab of a hull.

On the new 705 (it's fine on the 695) forget the electric windlass, the rope locker moulding for it is not in a suitable place for deep water anchoring. Get your preferred dealer to fit a modified bow roller (more lateral strength) so that you can Alderney Ring and Buoy the anchor out.

Good luck, it's a lovely boat and will get you out and home safely in almost any weather.

Tom

G

·
though.......looked at both and prefer the 695.....
Hoges

In a way, you are a man after my own heart.
It was the 695 that originally got me interested in Jeanneau and it was the back of a 695 I was on at Southampton Boat Show 6 years ago when I asked for a job.

That said, some of the downfalls of the 695 have been covered in the revamped version... the 705 and it will still comfortably fish four, five at a squeeze and will, in fishing luxury (and moderate cruiser comfort) sleep three for the times when cross channel "sleep overs" are called for. With the cross channel trips in mind my biggest gripe was always the skimpy fuel tank on the 695. Depending on conditions, it's range limited you to a single 75 or 80 mile round trip (leaving a margin for safety) and you would fuel every day. This was overcome by fitting a reserve tank and for the extreme, carrying extra jerry cans, but it was messy and awkward. The 705 solves it by fitting a decent sized tank to start with.

Horses for courses really. The evolution of anything still leaves you hankering for something from the old times, but they say progress is a good thing so I guess we have to move on with the times.

Tom

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hoges

In a way, you are a man after my own heart.
It was the 695 that originally got me interested in Jeanneau and it was the back of a 695 I was on at Southampton Boat Show 6 years ago when I asked for a job.

That said, some of the downfalls of the 695 have been covered in the revamped version... the 705 and it will still comfortably fish four, five at a squeeze and will, in fishing luxury (and moderate cruiser comfort) sleep three for the times when cross channel "sleep overs" are called for. With the cross channel trips in mind my biggest gripe was always the skimpy fuel tank on the 695. Depending on conditions, it's range limited you to a single 75 or 80 mile round trip (leaving a margin for safety) and you would fuel every day. This was overcome by fitting a reserve tank and for the extreme, carrying extra jerry cans, but it was messy and awkward. The 705 solves it by fitting a decent sized tank to start with.

Horses for courses really. The evolution of anything still leaves you hankering for something from the old times, but they say progress is a good thing so I guess we have to move on with the times.

Tom
Does this mean your getting a 705 Tom!im sure you can give yourself a good discount!

G

·
Does this mean your getting a 705 Tom!im sure you can give yourself a good discount!
Nope

I love my 695 and the improvements on the 705 I have kind of been instrumental in instigating, by doing them on my boat first and then telling Jeanneau.

If I was to ever change it would be to a 585 Marlin or possibly a 625 Marlin if one was ever produced. I fancy going back to a bit of trailering one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts