World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Just getting back into 'shore' fishing after many years. Used to fish Dock walls (Seaforth etc) but believe you can't now because of security for shipping etc. Also used to fish Blackpool 'north' pier but Blackpool Tourist Board tell me there is no fishing from the pier now. Looking for marks where you don't have to cast very far (or walk a long way from your car to get there). Anyone any suggestions please ?. Also which tides and baits are best :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( Surely with a 'hit' of 90+ it warrants a reply of more than 1 - come on lads/ladies please give some information to a 'near as dam it' novice.
thank you to any further replies :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shorebob,

Why dont you try Fleetwood. Try from the coastguard right around to marine beach. There are a couple of car parks litterally 30 secs from the beach This time of year there'll be 1 or 2 Bass knocking about patrolling the surf.

I have had in the past caught Bass along here up to 9lb at night around this time of year and the rigs I caught them on weren't designed for long casting in mind.

Kevj

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hi Bob,
Welcome to WSF mate.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner,just got back from hols.
The wall at Clevelys sounds ideal for what you are after, just by the boat clubhouse.
You can park and fish from the car door.
The spot wont give you the biggest fish in that area but there are flatties to be had at short range,plenty of codling later in the year,the usual doggies and whiting, usually as the tide has just started to back off.
You are also under street lights.
A bit further up at 5-bar,bass can be had out of the gulleys,which arent far out either.
If you need any more info ,give us a PM bud.
Hope this helps,
Terry F.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts