World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nipped along to Methil this afternoon to see if any Mackerel were being caught, sure enough :D some of the young uns at the end of the breakwater had a few on hawkeyes/feathers etc. :D

had a chuck meself, managed to hook one but it fell off as I was lifting it out :mad:

I notiched that sammy the seal was back in residence, saw him do his usual trick by nicking fish off the line.....only this time he got a set of feathers in his napper :eek: wonder how long it will take him to get rid o them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
yeah methil is good when the macky are in but like everywhere when there in it gets crowded .it will get even worse now the schools are of BUGGER!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ahhh the old seal trick. As mackerel are really quite easy to catch (as long as they are there :( ) I think it adds to the joy of the catch if you can land and avoid the attentions of a few hundred pound seal homing in on your fish!

I'm sure the word 'bother' passed your lips when it fell off though. ;)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blenny said:
Ahhh the old seal trick. As mackerel are really quite easy to catch (as long as they are there :( ) I think it adds to the joy of the catch if you can land and avoid the attentions of a few hundred pound seal homing in on your fish!

I'm sure the word 'bother' passed your lips when it fell off though. ;)

Wellllllllll....... it did start with the letter B, but bother hmmnnnn nope it wasnt bother.

lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts