World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived down there with Manx at around 8:30am and made the short walk down the path and across the beach. There was a good surf, so we started fishing the beach. Only problem was the weed. Absolutely loads of it, but we carried on until the tide pushed us back up onto the rocks. By now the amount of weed had increased, we pulled our rods out and thought about plan b. Should we treck over to Rhosilli. We decided to stay put and see if the weed would clear. It did after about 30-45 minutes we could see it all pushing into the bay. So the rods went back in. At around 3 hours before high tide i pulled this little fella in
(a little turbot i think)

A few hours past and Manx then caught a mackerel on rag and sand eel. So we put feathers on to see if there was any more out there. There wasn't. However Manx did get this little chap on the feathers

All went quiet for a while until Manx's rod had a bite and a hell of a bend in it! The big one we thought.
But it turned out to be a single mackerel:mellow:
We came to the conclusion that maybe a shoal of mackerel had swam into the line.
We packed up around 7:30pm and walked back across the beach, where there was 100's of jelly fish stranded on the sand, I've never seen so many.
A good day had, the heavy showers didnt appear that we were prepared for, we both beat the blank, and it was better than a day in work!

SANCHEZ:thumbs:

Just another pic from down there

·
TEAM BANTER
1,484 Posts
Arrived down there with Manx at around 8:30am and made the short walk down the path and across the beach. There was a good surf, so we started fishing the beach. Only problem was the weed. Absolutely loads of it, but we carried on until the tide pushed us back up onto the rocks. By now the amount of weed had increased, we pulled our rods out and thought about plan b. Should we treck over to Rhosilli. We decided to stay put and see if the weed would clear. It did after about 30-45 minutes we could see it all pushing into the bay. So the rods went back in. At around 3 hours before high tide i pulled this little fella in
(a little turbot i think)

A few hours past and Manx then caught a mackerel on rag and sand eel. So we put feathers on to see if there was any more out there. There wasn't. However Manx did get this little chap on the feathers

All went quiet for a while until Manx's rod had a bite and a hell of a bend in it! The big one we thought.
But it turned out to be a single mackerel:mellow:
We came to the conclusion that maybe a shoal of mackerel had swam into the line.
We packed up around 7:30pm and walked back across the beach, where there was 100's of jelly fish stranded on the sand, I've never seen so many.
A good day had, the heavy showers didnt appear that we were prepared for, we both beat the blank, and it was better than a day in work!

SANCHEZ:thumbs:

Just another pic from down there
Well done lads, A good report and pictures. Where is Mewslade? it looks really fishy there:wiggle:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well done lads, A good report and pictures. Where is Mewslade? it looks really fishy there:wiggle:
2 bays before Rhosilli mate. I'd like to give the beach a good fish. Only 2 or 3 places to fish off the rocks and it's very tough on your feet. Not much smooth rock to stand on at all

·
Registered
314 Posts
@ The Donkey
cheers for taking the time to reply mate!
appears people on here don't seem bothered any more unless a big bass pops out for a photo shoot:whistling

85 hits while i write this with one reply:dry:

As Sanchez mentioned above, we will hopefully be fishing the beach on a later visit, but got us out for the day once again and the weather was a LOT better than expected so no complaints :wiggle:

Manx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
@ The Donkey
cheers for taking the time to reply mate!
appears people on here don't seem bothered any more unless a big bass pops out for a photo shoot:whistling

85 hits while i write this with one reply:dry:

As Sanchez mentioned above, we will hopefully be fishing the beach on a later visit, but got us out for the day once again and the weather was a LOT better than expected so no complaints :wiggle:

Manx
I know what you mean. I tell myself that I don't write the reports for the replies but sometimes it does get you. Good effort lads nice report. Try guessing a weight to see the replies really fly in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts