World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, trips have been few and far between for me since the birth of my 2nd nippa in March, so I was all the more excited to get out last night for the 1st time in 6 weeks.

Myself and a buddy took a stroll down to Mewslade arriving around 10pm. Perfect conditions with a nice breeze, good surf and no rain for a change. Within 10 minutes of first cast I had a monster bite on whole squid that resulted in this:

Sods law I had no scales on me, but I'm 100% positive its a new PB bass for me. No idea of how heavy it was but I'd guess around the 8lb mark. Anyway a quick photo and back to the sea to fight another day.

Went quiet for an hour or so before my buddy BIG E had a good knock only for him to lose it on the retrieve. Another 30 minute quiet patch before another good bite and another missed fish for BIG E closely follwed by a missed opertunity for me too. Still a lovely night to be out, especially after 6 weeks off.

I have managed to wet a line at:

Waterwynch (start of July) - Blanked (nice beach though)

Ogmore (cods gulley) 2 dogs and 5 pouting

Ginst (back in june) - Another nice bass, this one came home with me and weighed in at 4lb.

Anyway off to Holland for a week soon, so I'm gonna try my luck over there. Hoping to get a bit more fishing in when I get back. Hope my lightwieghtedness is forgiven.

Tight lines all.....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clonking bass m8, well done. do you fish mewslade regular?
Fished there once before last summer over high (off the rocks on the right) managed a couple of mackeral and that was it.

Been itching to have another go there. Went down there last weekend camping but the weather was horrific, so the cider came out to play instead :drunk:

·
Registered
238 Posts
decent size bass m8 well done did ya let him av the squid wen ya chuckd him back lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
fish looks HUGE in the first shot, good effort!

I saw a load of bass off mewslade when I took the yak off there, bit of a trek to get it down but was pis*ed right off cos i didnt take a rod!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello good buddy long time no see thought u died and gone to heaven:laugh: thats a couple of crackin bass you,ve caught there well done m8:thumbs:
Nice to see ya gettin back out and about ella
Would be good if a sesh was organised with me and the boys again

Tight Lines good fella
Waz been appnin Crackov, been a while mate I know. I'll finish wiping the rust from my reels, get my holidays out the way and come and give you a whipping again soon I promise.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Well done on the bass mate, well done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts