World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a MFA Headlight with a rechargeable battery ( 6v, 4 Ah ) it's a good one, I have just been given a yuasa 6v, 10Ah battery so how long should i put it on charge for ? :confused: , I will be using the MFA charger.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi there, i have the same battery for my tiga lamp,i bought mine from staples electronics for £16, they advised me that the battery is fully charged when sold but a couple of hours would give you maximum battery life, then i just top the charge up by the hours i have used the lamp for, hope this helps,

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Shrek, I have sorted it out I put it on charge for about 5 hours all looks ok.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Kelvin, have a look at the pic's:
Tha connections are the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not all guys......one of my pals has given me 5 yes 5 of em

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
mike them batteries are great, ad mine for my shootin lamps for 6 yrs, never leave them flat, i mean once they are flat charge them as soonas u get home just 2 b safe,even if u leave them stored for a length of time charge them a bit every month, i av the bigger 1s as well, 1 of the best batteries you can get, as long as u look after them.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poacher, so am I ok to charge it for about 10 hours " the 6v 10a one"
I have just bought a SLA charger from Powertech it's a Automatic Battery Charger for 2v/6v/ & 12v Sealed-Lead-Acid Battery Model: BC-2612T,
on the info sheet it says the green charge light will go out when full charge is reached but it stays on ?.
Any Ideas.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i wouldnt charge them for 10 hours. i av only ever charged them 4 or 5 hours at most, they seem to charge very quikly, but last a good while wen bein used, i think 10 hrs may do them damage m8........

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
God that was a quick answer bud, thanks I'll only charge them for about 5 hours then.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
best to be safe, an if u av a few of them, u can always take 2 with u, u wont need them, but take 2 till u get used to the chargin times, an how long they last, if u no wot i mean,

·
Registered
550 Posts
I work for an electronics company making back up power systems.

I think that if the bulb you have is a 1 amp bulb, then you will get 10 hours use on a full charge from a 10ah battery.

I have the MFA headlamp too so I might have a look around the battery section at work to see if I can find a battery, never thought about it before I read this though.

My main halogen bulb is 0.5 amp so in theory that should last approximatly 20 hours ( not including loss from heat and general transfer through the wires ), Im not sure if it worth changing the battery and carrying the extra weight though.

Might be better changing the bulb and fuse to a higher amp, I know my fuse is a 1 amp as the bulb will only draw 0.5 amps, Im now thinking of changing the battery to a 6v 10ah and then changing the bulb to a 6v 1 or 1.5 amp bulb or even a 2 amp bulb but that would only give you 5 hours ona 10ah battery.

But you've got me thinking now..... and it hurts... ha ha

Any thoughts??

Tight lines

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts