World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any info on the microplus 500 explorer i have the chance to buy 1 and wonderd how they handle the sea ?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hi marsh, welcome to the forum.

Sorry but I have deleted the duplicate post in the gereral forum, all the boaty types will see your question in here. It saves Mikes bandwidth and costs.

The microplus is a good boat for inshore fishing for two. Ideal boat for 2 to fish from in calm weather and a good starting point. ;)

Is this to be your first boat?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 4 info, yes it would be my first boat also looking at dejohn,shetlands the dejohns seem to have more deck "fishing room" but dont seem as deep as the microplus which would you go for ?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Shetland is a good boat, out of the 3 that would be my personal choice. They are heavily built and will take more stick than the others.

·
Registered
595 Posts
our first boat was a dejon 14 imo not a very good boat didn,t like anything about found it to be very unstable. i agree with chrisp the shetland would be a far better choice hope this helps steve

·
Raider 18 Owner
6,488 Posts
thanks 4 info, yes it would be my first boat also looking at dejohn,shetlands the dejohns seem to have more deck "fishing room" but dont seem as deep as the microplus which would you go for ?
I HAVE OWNED BOTH THE DEJON AND A SHETLAND 535 AND WOULD GO FOR A SHETLAND ANYDAY . THE DEJON IS VERY UNSTABLE I HAD TO STAND IN THE CENTER OF THE BOAT TO STEER ,IF I STOOD IN FRONT OF THE WHEEL IT FELT LIKE IT WAS GOING TO TIP OVER.I WOULD SAY THE DEJON SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN TO SEA (DONT WAST YOUR CASH ON A DEJON):nono: :thumbdown

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
No-one's noticed the thread's 2 years old yet then?

Microplus 500. Awful POS unless you enjoy feeling seasick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts