World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw this on offer at Maplin. A 12v Microwave for £99.99, ideal for hot food on those cold winter days:thumbs:

15,082 Posts
I just saw this on offer at Maplin. A 12v Microwave for £99.99, ideal for hot food on those cold winter days:thumbs:
If that is the right price,that is exceedingly cheap for a 12v Microwave.Something tells me they have made a Balls up on the price there....Buy them why they are there at that money.I would even go as far to say there is a fat profit too be had on Ebay!!
An average 12v Microwave retails between £300 & £400.I know there is one called a 'Wavebox' around at about £150.They dont look to clever though.

·
The Oracle
8,208 Posts
Hiya Terry,

Cheers for the link.. that's one of the last things on the shopping list for the boat as I'm doing away with the gas cooker, so it will be a 12v Microwave, toastie maker and kettle supplying the creature comforts :)

15,082 Posts
I even have a voucher for another £7 off that price:clap2:
If you get one I wouldn't chance running that through the cigarette lighter socket.That is drawing 20 amps.I would hardwire it with decent cable direct to the Batteries....Then watch how quickly it drains them.:icecream:
Looks a strange thing too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am tempted but will stick with my food flask I think. If anyone wants the £7 voucher, PM me an addy and I will post it off to you.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Originally Posted by cascars
I am tempted but will stick with my food flask I think. If anyone wants the £7 voucher, PM me an addy and I will post it off to you.

and four large straws? that's ok for you big suckers but what about us old un's

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

What you looking at microwaves for ?? You don`t even make tea !!!

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I do in the winter, as well as pot noodles and cup-a-soup. With a microwave I could put my prices up and throw in a free ready meal:g:
I can see it now....

Jacket potato anyone!!!

Alan

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
If I took out the seats in the cabin do you think this would fit...

I like to look after my crew.

Alan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats a great idea, but hard wire and run engine, make sure the battery switch is on no.2.

Is it me, cant find any weight or dimentions? If its compact enough, I'm up for one, bet it has come from the comercial lorry market, if so, its not going to be large? Not sure where it will go, but I'll find somewhere:bounce: I love my hot food, it can be a *** some times, ready meals :g: but crispy pastry from the gas oven cant be beaten!

ET's OPO (hot pies for ever!!!! :1a:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are going to run a microwave, why not get a cheap mains voltage one from tescos or somewhere and get a small generator.
My partner bought a brand new 850w 2 stroke generator from fleabay for £46 for her caravan. Surprisingly it's not that noisy and I am sure Terry could adapt his bait cutting board to fit it to :roll1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts