World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I do a lot of fishing off Saundersfoot and sometimes doggies can be a nuisance there. I have found that lug worm puts them off and dont use fish baits. If you start picking woofers up vary your distance when the dogs are in on my local beach a 10 yard flick is all you need to catch the quality whiting and flounder. if they really are a pain scale down to size 4 hooks and fish low tide in the day for flounders did that today 2 hours in light and 1 and a half in dark not one dog caught between 4 rods marvelous it was.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Yes mate - to echo the last comment!

Disagreeing with it though as Doggers will take ANY bait at ANY range! But entirely agree that the long-casting theory is the best dogger-finding tactic, whereas if there is only 12" of breaking surf tables all the flatties, rays etc and whiting will be on a mission close-in. This long-casting myth needs breaking for once and all. Most folk are casting right over the fish on many surf beaches. Sadly it's why the gill-ne**ers manage to make their killing in between the HW/LW tidal zones! The fish feed where the water's active - provided food is about!

Chuck your bait close into the shore!

Cheers - John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts