World Sea Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps and chapettes last time i was on middleton just after the tall ships the gate was locked agian I haven't been on since and wondering if any one knows if its open agian !!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
We had a walk on there during the Tall Ships, went on to take some photos. As we were walking towards it as you come to the Smallcrafts Club a guy went past on an electric scooter (probably know who ;) ). He gave a load of abuse to some kids walking towards us for no reason at all, they'd done nowt, as he rode past. We followed him onto the pier, walking, and saw him stop at the gate.

He seemed to wait a while after getting his bike through. I said to our lass, I bet that's him they keep thinking is locking the gate. After he waited a bit he rode off down the pier. When we got to the gate I looked to see if there was a lock on. There was an oldish looking one already locking the gate open, so looks like he was maybe gonna lock it but couldn't.

I took his pic with my long lens, but obviously don't want to post it on here. But it was a silver electric scooter / bike. The way he went on, it sounded like the guy I've read about on here.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate i remember that chain and lock to keep it open i put some wire in the lock to stop anyone useing it ( the guy ya mentioned was on the peir at the time) Last time i was on the lock and chain had been removed and a old lock on the slidder had been changed for a new one not a port athorities one a cheap one ! that was on the 12th August !

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
We had a walk on there during the Tall Ships, went on to take some photos. As we were walking towards it as you come to the Smallcrafts Club a guy went past on an electric scooter (probably know who ;) ). He gave a load of abuse to some kids walking towards us for no reason at all, they'd done nowt, as he rode past. We followed him onto the pier, walking, and saw him stop at the gate.

He seemed to wait a while after getting his bike through. I said to our lass, I bet that's him they keep thinking is locking the gate. After he waited a bit he rode off down the pier. When we got to the gate I looked to see if there was a lock on. There was an oldish looking one already locking the gate open, so looks like he was maybe gonna lock it but couldn't.

I took his pic with my long lens, but obviously don't want to post it on here. But it was a silver electric scooter / bike. The way he went on, it sounded like the guy I've read about on here.
i have found out that he actually locks it ...open

this is to stop people locking it while hes on :yeah:

because he wont be able to get his bike off if they do.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I quite often take my kids on there, I've seen him on with his electric bike. If I ever come off there after he's gone and find the gate locked and me and the kids stuck next time I see him his bike will be swiftly parked up at the bottom of the sea. Just who does he think he is? has he bought the pier? I think not:nono:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If ya go on there and its locked open do what i did put something in the key hole or snap a hook in it that will fettel who ever's doing it !!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i have found out that he actually locks it ...open

This was done to death a few months ago. Read the quote above from Dabcatchers post, is the bloke doing any harm by locking it open ? Nope, none at all, if anything he's doing everyone else a favour.

Enoughs enough and just like the last thread about this subject that degenerated, this one is also closed before it gets outa hand :lock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.