1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put a post on last night, brought new reciever, pluuged in wont work
here goes chris the specs on the one that packed up and the new one
the old one
holux gm-200 gps receiver 12 parallel channal receiver tracks ,compatable with any navigation system built in laptop/desktop/pda . various connectors, you can eassily do the change over, direct outport with usb/comport ia also avaliable
built in atenna hot start 8 secs warm 38 secs cold 45 secs update rate 1 sec continuousy dual communication channels and user selectable baud rates
interface nmea 183 and dgps corrections thats about it chris,

iv put a link in on the one i brought on ebay, as its near identical as the old one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130095209899&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=130086423865&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget[/URL]

cheers chris i hope this makes any sense to you

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Hope someone else can help because I can't, sorry. The GPS you have is a car one and I have no idea on the pin connections, partiy, bitrate etc. of car units. I have only ever interfaced marine specific units to VHF's :schmoll:

·
Captain Chaos!
3,694 Posts
Hiya, Thats a very similar Receiver to mine...BUT, it will (as far as I know) only work with a laptop, that has chart software installed, which turns it into a plotter, for use on a boat...and it works with Autoroute , to make your laptop work as a GPS in the car....its usually connected by USB ...but you have to try them first to see what one works...:)

Hope this is of some help to you...:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts