World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks...Well depending on my Dad gettign time off work or not we( Faither and I) Shall be coming to invade either the Isle of Lewis or somewhere on the Northwest Coast...Now....If we went to the Isle of Lewis We'd know where to fish but wouldn't mind hearing if any pollack/wrasse were getting caught. If we were to go somewhere else on the west coast..We'd like to be somewhere quite rural but wiht a tackle shop quite close and it must have decent pollack fishing...
I would really appreciate any advice...
Cheers,Mickeythemackeral:)

F

·
0 Posts
There is a tackle shop in Ullapool and loads of places near by to go fishing for pollock. Rhue Lighthouse (to the north of Ullapool) is a place i have fished before and caught pollock, flounder, dabs and coalfish. Might be even some mackerel showing now.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm really after anything except flounder and coaly. Would be happywith dogfish,ray,huss,pollack,cod,would settle for mackeral,wrasse. You see me and dad are on a species hunt this year so we already have coaly and flounder and want to make the most of the west coast trip :D
mtm

·
Registered
736 Posts
The forecast for next week is very good for Lewis.........sun tan weather.
So, plenty crab will be peeling which means you will get wrasse, both Ballan and Cuckoo. Either Arnish or Holm will produce fish and plenty pollack there also. The west side of the island is not so good for pollack and wrasse.
The last few weeks have been quiet for rays and dogs in Loch Roag but that will change soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts