World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
hello mate - PM Crazyplums, he will sort you out, its his brand of tip tape.
cheers
Steve

·
The people's moral compass
12,847 Posts
Thanks for the interest.....

Moonfleet
Blakdog
Country stores
Keens
And more.

Available in 5 of the seven continents!

If your local shop doesn't stock it then tell em they can get it from wsb tackle, Tronix and wb Clarke, or direct from me.

As goosey says, I'd rather people bought from and supported tackle outlets.

Hugh

·
**72**
4,716 Posts
Really!? Then why sell on Ebay? Ive always bought from him directly though to avoid paying the extra fees, top guy to deal with too :thumbs:
Im sure he likes to keep people in the 'trade' sweet, you can buy from him direct, im not fussed where you all spend your hard earned lol :thumbs:

·
12,847 Posts
Really!? Then why sell on Ebay? Ive always bought from him directly though to avoid paying the extra fees, top guy to deal with too :thumbs:
Hi dude,
Neither of you are wrong! I will supply anyone who comes to me but generally prefer they use other outlets where poss. If I know a shop nearby stocks it I'll always let them know.

Re eBay, I only sell the 12" tapes, I find they sell very well but few shops stock it in 12", those I mentioned above do but the wholesalers don't.

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
Hi dude,
Neither of you are wrong! I will supply anyone who comes to me but generally prefer they use other outlets where poss. If I know a shop nearby stocks it I'll always let them know.

Re eBay, I only sell the 12" tapes, I find they sell very well but few shops stock it in 12", those I mentioned above do but the wholesalers don't.
As you know I always buy the 12'' anyway so would have to go to you, I prefere it very closely coiled and find the longer strips fit just right.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Cracking stuff i got it in the 12" strips (well the mrs bought it :2:) direct from Crazyplums in green,yellow,red 3 colours + box sticker for 11,50 (if memory serves me right) i thought about the black but i thought it was a bit boring :sleep:

so easy to apply and as bright as your ever gonna need Also got the foam and that's top stuff aswell

·
12,847 Posts
Im sure I got mine from either veals or gerries
You may well be right dude, there are loads of shops who buy from the wholesalers who take regular stock in, I know Tronix supply a lot of shops, sadly I've no idea who stocks it if they buy from the wholesalers, I want to build a database of links to retailers on the site but can imagine it's unprofessional to ask my wholesalers for their customer list!

Cheers
Hugh

Ps, I'm surprised all them Essex boys haven't jumped on the pink tape, it mainly the oop norf buying it!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Go for the purple (pink)

I will try the black on my next rod though and get it from Blakdog again.

I tried the foam as well but it just seemed to peel off of the rod rest heads.

Cheers,

Rob.

·
12,847 Posts
Hi barb, which tripod heads? How long ago did you buy it?

Cheers
Hugh

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Bought some black stuff from UK Hooks thinking that it would be the same as on my bullet hi-flex which was put on by Chris Dance . It turns out nothing like it though and much duller ... it was in a roll and not in strips like suggested on here. :doh: I bought 2 metres of it in a roll .

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi barb, which tripod heads? How long ago did you buy it?

Cheers
Hugh
Hi Hugh,
I bought it about two months ago but it only stayed on for a couple of trips before it started coming off.
Both trips were in the wet and it seemed to be the action of the rod going into the rest pulling/peeling it off.
Its a shame as its really nice and thick stuff.
Its probably just a one off though so give it a try.
Cheers,
Rob.

·
Crinkly line
2,643 Posts
You may well be right dude, there are loads of shops who buy from the wholesalers who take regular stock in, I know Tronix supply a lot of shops, sadly I've no idea who stocks it if they buy from the wholesalers, I want to build a database of links to retailers on the site but can imagine it's unprofessional to ask my wholesalers for their customer list!

Cheers
Hugh

Ps, I'm surprised all them Essex boys haven't jumped on the pink tape, it mainly the oop norf buying it!
I didn't know you did a pink! gonna have to have a look :wub:

·
12,847 Posts
Bought some black stuff from UK Hooks thinking that it would be the same as on my bullet hi-flex which was put on by Chris Dance . It turns out nothing like it though and much duller ... it was in a roll and not in strips like suggested on here. :doh: I bought 2 metres of it in a roll .
the original MB eclipse was made from a film by LG (they don't just make tv's and fridges!), it was the first black tape i'd been able to make, other stuff was available but didn't bend or stick too well, the LG was ok but was a creamy golden colour when lit up, only a VERY bright headlight would make it reflect white - this was the same of all other films that were what I considered affordable. the eclipse I currently do came about because LG -thankfully- sold their vinyl making division to some chinese outfit and the black was no longer available at that time. it forced me to look around and a chance chat with a colleague led me to the brilliant material I use today, my outlay went from £400 per roll to nearer £1000 per roll but the difference in the price is very relative to the product (and I need a new roll soon! :eek::ahhh: ) even 3m black is pants - it's as bright but is awful film - I use regularly it on AA vans but try putting it on a rod, i always bin 3m offcuts!!

anyways, I digressed, I think the point is, good conformable reflective film is not cheap, black even more so!

Hi Hugh,
I bought it about two months ago but it only stayed on for a couple of trips before it started coming off.
Both trips were in the wet and it seemed to be the action of the rod going into the rest pulling/peeling it off.
Its a shame as its really nice and thick stuff.
Its probably just a one off though so give it a try.
Cheers,
Rob.
thank you. I'll look into it dude.

much like the original eclipse, the foam we used in out first batches was discontinued, the new - better- one was sourced - that took 4months in itself! we tested as thoroughly as we could over about 4 months with those who fish ALL the time! we've had no probs with our own ongoing trials either but it's always possible as we ccouldn't test for everything. The adhesive on this new foam is the same marine grade adhesive as on the original so i'm a little surprised.

which tripod head? manufacturer? just to be sure it's one we've tested.

if you pm me your address i'll get a replacement out to you this week.

cheers,
Hugh

1 - 20 of 35 Posts