World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ordered of mikes reel repair to the uk as i'm thinking of ordering a dual bearing levelwind kit from him as it seems its the only place i can buy one from but it says i am liable for tax/import duty anyone have a clue as to how much this will be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered an abu reel from basspro US and got charged import duty but I think they make up figures on how much duty to pay but if it's a small item you might get away with no import duty. Another way round duty is get supplier to clearly mark on parcel it's a gift.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
i was told there was no tax added if the item value was under a 100 notes ,or you could email them and ask them to mark it as a gift and then there's no tax charge i think .

tight lines

Mark

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Im pretty sure you pay import duty on items above £18 ,i know i have before plus Royal mail add on there few quid to collect the tax.Why not contact Peter Coogan ,or Pure Fishing at Crewe and see if you can buy an ABU C5 levelwind off them its got to be far cheaper.However if you do buy from Mikes he is excelent to deal with but just remember how far away British Columbia is and be prepared for a long long long wait ,i have in the past and its taken up to five weeks and thats using Airmail !

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers all will give them a try

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks mate just mailed them :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I ordered some parts of Mikes Reel Repair for a Mitchell 498, it had them all showing as in stock. Paid with Paypal.

After 2 months and a couple of emails to them my order hadn't even been procressed. A couple of emails asking for a refund, no reply.

I ended up having to get a little nasty and threatening to bring Paypal into it before i finally was given a Paypal refund after 10 weeks. A quick sentence saying, "sorry items not in stock" and something about please call again......

I think not!!! :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tried mailing reel doctor received mail "Thanks I have received your email and it is being dealt with" and nothing since :(

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the kit from mikes reels off ebay only took a week to arrive :clap2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts