World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked my GPS from yesterdays trip I had a full tank 23lts got back had about 3 lts left gps showed we had traveled 16 miles works out at 1.25 liters per mile. The conditions where perfect flat calm what do you get ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi,

I've got a 28hp Suzuki, 22ltr tank and on a round trip of 10miles, which includes stopping starting a couple of times, I roughly use around 10ltrs. - So about 1ltr per mile.

What size of engine are you running?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Same boat and Engine as ChrisP, but average of 5 gallons per hour but slower @ 30mph.

Still alot better than peeing it against a wall!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ChrisP said:
6 gallons per hour, 36mph

You had to remind me didn't you :( :( :(
Look on the bright side Chris I use over £20 of petrol just to get to the slip wished I lived next door to you or better still could afford to buy Ronnie's but you'd have to launch your own boats I'd be out fishing :D

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Get Rons bought, you can get someone in to launch while you fish, or just bin the launching.

Except for mine my bestest MATE :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 20 ft Ocqueteau 615 with a 80 hp Yamaha 4 stroke and it works out at about 1.3 liters per mile.

Weather looks good for tomorrow, there goes another 20 odd liters!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

I've got a 90hp Suzuki 4 stroke, 175ltr tank and on a round trip of 30miles, which includes moving about whilst out at sea, I approximately use around 15ltrs. - So about 0.5ltr per mile.

A lot obviousely depends on the tide strengh and wind - I fish the North sea so I know quite a bit about bad weather? On a rough day (force 6 NE winds) this consumption can nearly double when travelling out!

Hope this helps!!

Balleeko

1 - 11 of 11 Posts