World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few drifts on the pole to start off with was a load of rubbish only 4 mackerel to show so we decided on Saundersfoot was a nice trip over sea was calm had a doggy and a black bream at anchor. Then went to the point had a few more mackerel and then over to Caldey lost 2 fish which had a bit of weight to them either big polack or bass. Went back into the haven after a rough passage between St. Govans and linny head!! had a few drifts over dakation to finish and had 1 nice polack looked about 2-3lb good sized one for that wreck anyway. Not a bad 2 days enjoyed it

·
Registered
196 Posts
BB that was some milage fair play. Have you fished from linney to stack rocks? There is some cracking marks there and its never fished because of the firing range.

I troll with rapalas around there when I get the chance to go out and there is some tidy Bass about close in there.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks fishy dosent it cant go close in as our boat is a 32ft yacht so makes it difficult i bet you get a lot of polack and codling in there too. was wondering you know when you anchor up over turbot bank or the knoll do you uptide or just drop your line down the side of the boat??? thanks bassy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts