World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been out boat fishing four times on the Haven over the last month and have not had a bite!
Getting bit desperate!
Have tried drifting using mackerel, squid and king rag in various locations including Dockyard Bank, Hobbs Point, Milford Shelf by Ward's pier, Pwll Crochan flats by Texaco jetty, entrance to Cosheston Pill.

What am I doing wrong? Help needed please- even a dogfish would be very welcome.

Thanks

Mac Rel

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Mac Rel

Bit early for the Haven yet! You need to head for St Anns Head and drift the reef, you can also try Sheep Island about 200yds out from the shore and jig for pollock and the odd cod on white feathers

I'm from Cardiff myself but spend my weekends in Pembroke where I keep my boat, if your interested pm me and we can arrange to meet up.

Poacher!! when are you heading west with me M6?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Give the boys at Angler's Den in Haverfordwest a ring on 01437 471560. I'm sure they'll have some advice or know someone who knows what's going on.

As for it being early - some cracking fish have already been landed over the last few months. Big ray and conger have been caught, especially around Ward's Pier so there are fish out there. I'm not a dinghy angler but one thing about the Haven is that marks can be very specific in terms of location. Chat to the lads and see if they can you give you some precise info.

Rhod.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Went out on the new Sabertooth last sunday not alot of sucsess anchored up but we had some great sport on light gear drifting for pollack (fish up to 5lb).

S

·
0 Posts
Hi m8
The Haven is quiet till mid June then maybe the Bass will start.
Smugglers point out of sound and to the left where whisky bottles are often washed up is a good mark some swells there though. Big Spence caught a ballan wrasse there about 2 year ago 5 lb + nice pollack up to 10 lb +as well.
St Annes head is good but big swells as well there. get back on the reef for June!
Text book days are seldom but good. Hobbs point is good but again weather permitting.
Dockyard has some nice Eels in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts