World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left Neyland marina at 6:00 had to beach the boat in Dale because of a rattle coming from the rope cutter.

Went out and had 7 drifts ove dakation and managed 2 polack it was pretty rough. Tried the braid out and kept in contact with the wreck much better that with the mono.

It got to wind on tide so decided to go and anchor up in Dale for some shelter caught 7 doggies and 1 bull huss of around 4lbs.

The wind was in the South west and was coming straigh in to the entrance to Milford haven was going to fish the monkey pole but got too mill bay and turned around. Not a bad weekend because of the weather. Duid any one else go out from Milford on the weekend???

·
Registered
437 Posts
WelshPete said:
I'm gonig out on Sabre Tooth on Friday....first time. What's being caught at the moment - any tips you could give me?! ta
hi welsh pete,

cant help you on whats being caught mate but here is a link to there site they have a mail address i expect they will reply with catch reports for you.

http://www.sabre-tooth.co.uk/home.htm

clive

·
Registered
438 Posts
fishing has been good lots of pollack and lots of sandells shrimp rigs a few rays coming in and some codling wrasse ballan and cuckoo take some rag if you go on to a sand bank some good dabs and place

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi lads was just wondering taff what colour and size redgills have you found best over the pole and st annes reef.

·
Registered
10 Posts
got back from Sabre about an hour ago. All in all, I had one blonde ray (12lb), half a dozen pollack (best about 4lb), half a dozen dabs. Same for rest of boat apart from one small bass. Good day out - reasonably busy, and the blonde that took my dab bait took some pulling in! Oh - and blinking dogfish of course

Best fish was a 16.5lb blonde. All fish on mackerel apart from the bass (live launce) and the pollock were almost exclusively caught on the jelly eels (not redgills) - as for the colour - black with red tails seemed best, although in the last 15mins I put a bright pink one on to see what would happen and still managed a 3lb pollack!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you have your dabs on mackerel too. Dis you fish the knoll for your blonde ray in between the two islands did you fish on the drift over the ray mark????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yup - dabs on mackerel - 18lb amnesia trace and 1/0 hook. Caught the blond on that too! Yes - on bank by islands. Drifted on a bank to east of skomer for both bass (sand) and pollock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts