World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hi, from the Marine cafe to Paddy's gap was closed off last week, due to storm damage.
I'm not sure if it's open yet.

Splodge.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have no idea how it's fishing at the moment, but had a walk along to Hurst Castle with the missus Sunday afternoon/evening. There were about 10 people fishing about 200yds along from the stone groyne all the way up to the bend. I didn't ask how anyone was getting on but watched a few people reel in some weed (as you do). I also noticed a couple of markers about 300yds out, I don't know if they are nets?!

I remember reading about Milford a lot in the angling press about 20years ago, It always seemed to read as a bit of an angling hotspot with a steep beach, deep water close in and a good tidal rip. I have no idea about the area but tend to fish Milford once a year and usually do alright. Just before xmas went down there and popped in the nearby tackle shop ( Lonis Angling Centre - Boat Fishing, Beach fishing, Carp Fishing and all the Fishing Tackle you need. ). They seemed pretty friendly, seemed to know what was catching and would be my starting point if I was exploring down there. They also had some frozen mini-squid, which I'd never seen before, 2-3 inches long, made nice hook baits.

Anyway I'm waffling, can you tell I'm dying to get back out fishing, best of luck,

Brett

·
I'M PROBABLY SICK OF IT
13,642 Posts
well as brett said , hurst good on an ebbing neap tide ONLY , nothing else or you will get weed and tide pull so forget it , hordle cliffs or white house area for rays poss odd tuirbot .

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
well as brett said , hurst good on an ebbing neap tide ONLY , nothing else or you will get weed and tide pull so forget it , hordle cliffs or white house area for rays poss odd tuirbot .
Spot on as usual bud :) hopefully wont be long and they'll be in :)

·
Registered
521 Posts
A New Milton Match along the Marine Cafe section last Saturday evening prodcued dogfish, pout, whiting, rockling and flounders, not a sniff of a ray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts