World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just come back in off the boat went out for the weekend. Drifted the pole, dakation, and around st. Annes reef. It was a cracking weekend and the fishing was really awesome. between the two of us we boated:

29 polack up to about 3lb
20 odd mackerel
5 or 6 sand eels
1 doggy
1 pouting

our best session so far this year managed to go through Jack sound and for a sail around the back of Skomer it was really nice seeing all of the puffins and stuff we also saw a porpise and some dolphins.

·
Registered
438 Posts
went out with calmia today did not get a lot calmia had a nice coddling and some pollack lost lot of traces and lures then my new fish finder played up then lost most of the power in the enjine but it was a sunny day and i had good company and i was fishing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just come in from a morning drifting around Mill Bay and St Annes Head. - Very calm and unbelievably hot!
Only mahaged a few mackerel.
Tried to find the Dakotian - I thought it was between the Dakotian Buoy and Dale Castle Head but couldn't locate.
Does anyone have a GPS location for this wreck?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if you are looking out from Dale it is closer to you than the yellow and black buoy it goes up a few metres but it is a small wreck it takes us about 10 minutes to findtheres only one bit of the wreck that holds fish i only fifh it if icant get out to the reefs around the pole is is a nice mark to fish mackerel feathers are best over it it is at an angle you must have only just missedit if you have a look at the chart you should find it easy

·
Registered
438 Posts
yes good day very nice chap was going to tell you we had a few nice big bass but did not want to see you cry hope we all get together again soon and any one as well who will like to come and bassbuster we will al meet soon

·
Registered
43 Posts
Taff2
I had a very enjoyable day m8 so a big thank you! Poach planning a trip soon and to anyone with boats will post the dates and if your interested in joining us come along for the ride
Calmia

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds good the pole is definitely the most productive mark ive fished we also had a few drifts over the knoll but nothing we were using redgills and live sandeel to try and pick up some bass i had one hit but didnt connect with the fish. we wen t out on wildcat in october and we were picking a load of bass up off there in October havnt found a good bass mark out in the Island area yet i know you get a lot of bass upriver but it is more fun in the open sea!!!! going out on sunday hopefully well have some Northerly winds and all because everytime ive been fishing this year it has been too rough to get out!! apart from the weekend of course

what do you get the codling on out by the pole???

·
Registered
281 Posts
calmia said:
Taff2
I had a very enjoyable day m8 so a big thank you! Poach planning a trip soon and to anyone with boats will post the dates and if your interested in joining us come along for the ride
Calmia
Sounds good to me mate. I bet glyn is reading this and nodding his head also..

Regards

ja5on

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
i promise i wont cry taff, just as long as you find me some bassssssssssss?but its a nice spot up there so i really wont mind, any fish will do, cos its bloomin dead down ere m8?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts