World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was the day that I get to take my almost four year old nephew on his first fishing trip, accompanied by my two brothers (his dad and other uncle) and girlfriend Kate who has never fished either.

We set off at 0830hrs from Bosham to head over to Gosport. Fairly plainsailing with the traffic, shame I couldn't remember where I was going, after a small tour of Gosport we parked up for the short walk to the pier.

It was good to see a few Scouts doing their fishing badge there and catching too.

We set up at the far end by the 'Mary Mouse 2' after some pretty crappy weather forecasts it turned out pretty damn good and we were all over dressed.
Levi (the litteun) was very enthusiastic and wanted to reel in every 30 seconds or so but he was mostly interested. Although there was some mobile phone games from time to time to assist. There was one question of are we going home yet after about an hour but a few minutes later and a low pass by a Merlin Helicopter he had forgotten about going home.

As for the fishing itself... well it was October fishing. Quite a few Pout and a Spider Crab and that was the lot.
Girlfriend loved it and can't wait to go fishing again. It's probably been over a decade since my brothers and I all fished together so that was nice too. I was say more of a family day than serious fishing day.

Myself (setting everyone up), Andy, Levi and Kate

Kate with her first ever fish

Levi reeling in.

Me showing Levi the Pouting (not sure he was impressed)

Me with Spider Crab, explaining to the Scouts how to tell a male and female apart.

All the lads together, just one for the family album

I've probably waffled enough now, hopefully I haven't bored you all.

Dan

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Can't think of a better way for a family to spend the day together and great you took the time to educate the young scouts... With any luck you'll have given them enough interest to want to know more and become anglers in the future. Pat on the back for you!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. It was good fun. Can't wait to get out again it had been way too long since I'd been shore fishing.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sounds fun nothing beats a session fishing with the family and a few fish thrown in is a bonus.
So glad it was open for you we were gutted the other week on a species hunt when it was fenced off for what looked like repair work.
cheers
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts