World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone can help i'm planning to fish the banks off millford on friday (weather permited) for turbot etc. Going out with some guys from the pub on a charter boat. I was wondering if anyone has any info or tips for the area as i havent fishedthe area before, if so would be great to hear from you. cheers doggy

·
Registered
438 Posts
mate of mine fished the turbot bank on sunday all he had was some dabs and dogs most of the boats fished the reefs and had some good pollack and wrasse a 3 ft running trace with 2 0 hooks over the reefs and the same over the banks but with smaller hooks and beads let me now what you get

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I fished the T Bank on Sunday, pretty slow day. 8 of us took 1 small turbot, 1 plaice 1 smoothie and plenty small dabs, spider crabs and a few doggies.The tides are a lot bigger on Sunday and 2 weeks ago on same tide height one boat did much better for turbot.Tackle as above, mackie strips as bait but use thick traces (25lb plus) due to spiders.When the tide is at strongest you may need up to a pound of lead or grapnel uptide lead.
The smoothie , presumably lost, took frozen razor and ignored peeler fished next to it.

Henry Gilbey-Awesome!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info lads. i have been told not to use crab baits which i expected to catch the smooth hounds on (seems strange). would you add a spoon to your trace if after turbot? i know i'm asking lots of questions, but the more info i get the more i notice i'm not used to this kindda fishing. Baits are the normal macky, sand eels, rag, lug and squid by the sounds of things. Any help will be greatfully stolen, thanks a lot thou lads. doggy

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Some mates fished T bank on Wed ,took,one turbot but were blown off by weather.Metal spoons dont do any harm but beads and plastic spoons can sometimes lift bait off th bottom away from the fish.Macky and sandeels are prime plus a box of squid for the rays.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sad to say the trip was called off due to the wind, as the group wanted to fish outside the haven. Due to fish the end of next month now. Hope the weather will be better. thanks for the help. doggy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts