World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may be searching for the impossible but I would appreciate some imput gents.

Looking at purchasing the above rod to complete my collection of continental style rods for the foreseable future(yeah right). I have various good quality fixed spools currently mainly the big daiwa mincers 5500 emcast pro I think(don't quote me on the exact model).

What I am looking for is a smaller, lighter fixed spool to use on the affinity exlusively fishing at a maximum of 70-80yards using upto 7oz lead for gutter fishing on surf beaches and estuary type marks for predominantly flounders.

Specific requirements(preferable) :

- Baitrunner type facility
- 200 yards + capacity of 15lb line (looking to use 30lb braid on spool 1, 50lb on spool 2)
- Lightish in weight

Just as a heads up I also have a range of smaller shimano and daiwa baitrunners but the line capacity simply isn't enough and casting 7oz of lead would be pushing boundaries.

Kind Regards

Chris

·
Registered
171 Posts
Iv got the same rod but 15 foot nice rod to fish with and the match tip is sweet for scratching i use a shimano ultegra 5500 Xtb when bass fishing powerfull little reel

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit too big bob I think, to give you an idea i've looked into a 2nd hand 6000 size aerlex but this doesn't have a baitrunner facility, which if possible I would like. Just edited to include my preference for the use of a braided mainline.

Thanks all the same.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
hi Chris ,

i would also say : ultegra 5500 ... verry good reel !

i prefer the xsb(no baitrunner) rather than xtb for sea use : the instant-drag system from Shimano works verry wel and is made of less parts so less troubles with dirt and sand ; but it's a personal choice .
Gert

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that Gert.

Still researching all the possibilities, may end up buying something that is a bit larger than intended as there is very little that seems to sit perfectly into the 'niche' that I'm looking for.

Perhaps a new aerlex 6000 would fit the bill..but no baitrunner and a reduced line capacity!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts