World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I will be spending a few days in Minehead 2nd week of september. Hoping to sneak a rod or two up with me and after ANY advice you are willing to share!!:secret:

Will be fishing on my own so a beach preferbly or a quay would be ideal.

Any idea what I might be lucky enough to encounter at this time of year?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
377 Posts
get down to putsborough nite fishin for loadsa rays.....
Interesting choice of venue for someone traveling from Cornwall to Minehead. Maybe driving 3/4 of the way home for a few hours fishing might not be quite on the holiday agenda!!

The tides for the second week in September are neaps so you could try fishing 3 hours either side of high tide off of the harbour wall. Easy spot to fish and chance of dogfish, pouting and odd other surprise. If we are going to get an autumn codling run this year there maybe a few small ones starting to show by then. There is a small tackle shed on the wall and they should be able to give you some advice. if you want something a bit more challenging try gasworks over low water.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anywhere around Minehead where I can have a go for a ray or two at that time of year??

Can you tell me a bit more about the Gasworks? Why is it challenging?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Gasworks is a challenge just staying on your feet. standing on big cobbles for hours kna***rs your ankles and makes big casts 'interesting' when the stones are wet.
Rays are possible from the beach here and at Blue anchor.
have a look on my blog for more details

1 - 5 of 5 Posts