World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of giving the beach behind the lifeboat stationa go next week. Has anyone fished it lately? If so is there much life at the moment and could you tell me what type of ground is out there ie. can it be fished with 15lb line/7HT or do you need 25lb/SLOSh?

Any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not fished there directly i fish three hundred yards further down band stand. go with slosh heavier line due to more grunt in reel. sand out in front once you go over rocks i cast about hundred and tweny yards and normally do ok from three hours down and three up on neap tides . plenty of rays small eyeds blondes ther at mo . bass dogs cod conger and all other normal species, ask craig in west coast tackle on harbour for any other info. hope this helps some . tight lines

·
Registered
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Potsey! Is the band stand to the left of the life boat?

Not fished there directly i fish three hundred yards further down band stand. go with slosh heavier line due to more grunt in reel. sand out in front once you go over rocks i cast about hundred and tweny yards and normally do ok from three hours down and three up on neap tides . plenty of rays small eyeds blondes ther at mo . bass dogs cod conger and all other normal species, ask craig in west coast tackle on harbour for any other info. hope this helps some . tight lines

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Thinking of giving the beach behind the lifeboat stationa go next week. Has anyone fished it lately? If so is there much life at the moment and could you tell me what type of ground is out there ie. can it be fished with 15lb line/7HT or do you need 25lb/SLOSh?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Good Luck John.

Don't forget to post a report on the South East Forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts