World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all im going to the butlins camp for a week on the 16th and im wounderin if its worth bringin the rods with me, can anyone tell me what it fishes like round there, i.e is it best beachcastin or spinnin or float fishin. any info would be a great help. cheers:fish:

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
spinning generally not an option as the water is usually well coloured, beachcasting is the way to do it. I've covered most local venues on my blog.
click on the orange links here

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers mate iv cheaked out your blog and found some good advise and some tips. looks like beachcastin is the way forward down there.

what would be the species to target wouldnt mind some rays or wrasse, are there any bream along that shore to be had?

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
rays are possible from any of the Bristol Channel marks, dogfish are the normal catch; bream you may get further down Channel, Porlock and westwards. Can't remember ever catching a wrasse down that way, rays, dogs, conger, pout and maybe a smoothound if you are lucky. call in to the tackle kiosk on the harbour at minehead or the shop in Watchet, they will give you good advice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers for that advise i,ll certanily drop in to that kios for some advice and hopefuly some decent bait.

thanks for the advice much appriciated
andy

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
cheers for that advise i,ll certanily drop in to that kios for some advice and hopefuly some decent bait.

thanks for the advice much appriciated
andy
If you get the chance......come out of butlins, turn left, walk past the sea front...........to the harbour quay, look for a charter boat (twin hull cat) called Allykat .......skippered by Dave Roberts.....ask him if he has one spare space for the day (he's booked for months in advance)...tell him Nick Dabney from Ilfracombe recommended ya......and make sure you tell him 'He may be able to tail land big tope with ease, but Nick can catch mackeral when others can't !!).
Awesome skipper mate !!

Should bring a smile !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts