World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, going down to minehead in june for my first sea fishing adventure (ex coarse)
any tips on marks/baits please :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok mate. i stayed at minehead last year and am returning in july this year. good base camp at butlins and keeps the famaly happy so i can escape to go fishing.
first off give bossington beach a miss unless you have lots of tackle to spare.
try porlock for the bass bull huss and SMOOTHYS!! man i love the fight of a smoothound. i dont know how big they grow but i had a 12 pounder last tear and it was like 12 pound of mackrel fighting if you could get them that big!! this is why we spending over 1k on another week there. there is also white spot at night for the rays small eyed etc. that is in minehead it`s self. if you want to go for a bit of a drive i can highly recomend westword ho! go to the tackle shop there and ask him for the best marks (his wife is pritty fine) he is a straight up guy and will probably send you hunting for tope if they about.
the tackle and bait is on the peir in minehead it`s self
hope you injoy as much as i did
glenn :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Glenn, I will let you know how we get on in june,. Used to be a coarse fisherman but my eyes arnt up to tying those small hooks anymore. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts